Wondering what to do with those leftover brownies? Or perhaps you’ve baked a new brownie recipe that didn’t quite work out? Don’t worry, because we have just the solution: brownie truffles!
This straightforward recipe works just as well, whether your brownies are freshly baked or a few days old.
Here’s what you’ll need
- 5 cups of crumbled brownies
- ½ cup of double cream
- 70g of chopped dark chocolate
- 250g of melted chocolate
- Caramel for the filling
- Any other toppings you fancy
Making brownie truffles
Ready to get baking?
- Begin by heating your double cream in a pan. When it’s nice and hot, pour it over your chopped dark chocolate and combine the two ingredients together.
- Combine the resulting mixture with your brownie pieces. Combined, the mixture should be fudge-like and easily moldable.
- Take pieces of the mixture and shape them into balls – the size is up to you!
- Next, press the balls to flatten them slightly. Then, add a small amount of caramel and shape your brownie mixture around it.
- With the filling secure inside its new home, take your truffle and dip it into the melted chocolate.
- You’re done! Simply allow the truffles to set at room temperature until they’re a little firmer.
Pretty straightforward, right? This recipe really is a doddle, but the resulting truffles are absolutely to die for. Why not give it a go?
Brownies by post
Fancy treating yourself or a loved one to some luxurious, indulgent and award-winning chocolate brownies… all without leaving the house? You can do exactly that here at Cakehead with our top-notch cake box delivery service. Explore the full range today – we offer free next day delivery and a personalised gift message can be added at checkout!